Express yourself in a smaller way with the LWUK Tiny Challenge 2020
Miniature Bag & Luggage Competition
Lugge CoMinature Bag & Luggage Competitionmpetition
We have teamed up with Leather workers UK to bring the mini bag challenge 2020! This is a great way to show off your creativity, skill and vision as well as winning some great prizes. Your work will be judged by the renowned Francis Roach and Tiffany Parkinson.
Details of Entry
- All entrants must be a member of Leather Workers UK Facebook group.
- There are two classes. Please state clearly which class you are entering and make sure to add the hashtag #lwuktinychallenge when posting your images on the Leather Workers UK group.
For people who have been practicing leather work for under two years. Novice class bags may have some glueing but some hand or machine stitching must be shown. For the novice class the bag must be under 15cm at its largest dimension.
Open class bags must be hand or machine stitched. Bags that are glued only will not be allowed. For the open class the bag must not be larger than 10cm at its largest dimension.
- It must be totally your own design. No direct copies of famous bags.
- All entries must be posted by Tuesday June 30th.
- You must submit 4 clear photos of the finished bag, including the inside and a further two build photos of the making process.
How your bag will be judged
The judges will rewards marks for the following:
A. build quality
B. Quality of stitching, and finish.
C. Design and innovation.
There will be a prize awarded for each category.
An Abbey craft set worth over £60. Set includes:
0.8mm Black Tiger Thread
Abbey Oblique Pricking Iron Set
John James Harness Needles
£75 voucher from Abbey England.
We can’t wait to see all your creativity. Good luck!